September 17, 2009

Absolute Truth

You know, praise God so much for absolute Truth!
For being stable when I'm not.
For being faithful and always there.
For being so vast that I'll never get a breather and stop needing to learn more about him.
For designing it so perfectly.
For absolute truth.
Cause in a world where people are so subjective, I need a foundation.
I feel sorry for anyone who can't unashamedly say that they need an unsubjective foundation.
Something not based on opinion.
Cause my opinion isn't your opinion.
So praise God for having the opinion that isn't opinion- it's fact.
It's not a suggestion.
It's truth.
Lord thank you for daily making me face up to the fact that I'm not good enough.
But that you are.
A friend of mine told me that it all depends on how you want to see it.
True.
Good point.
She went on to say
"The message is up to the person to interpret.
It is not a concrete answer."
False and true at the same time.
Yes.
I might interpret it one way and another person could interpret it another way according to their circumstance.
And in a world where people believe everything is based on opinion,
My friend might say that we have to choose one interpretation.
But what if…
What if
God was big enough
Is big enough
To let both be true.
To let both interpretations be living.
The word of God is LIVING and ACTIVE
Sharper than any DOUBLE edged sword.
So praise God
For being a God
Who maintains ultimate truth
That applies to our lives in our sorrow
And rejoicing
And darkness
And light
In anger
And fear
And confidence
And hope.
Praise God for the foundation of ultimate Truth.
By Him I am justified.
Let all else be a lie
And God be true.
Friendship with the world is hatred towards God.

No comments:

Post a Comment