August 12, 2009

Back to Creation

We spend all this time trying to get back to Creation
to who we were at the beginning of the earth
so God
today
refine me
continue showing me who i was when you created me
and who you want me to be in you.
make that my one and only identity
and my one and only desire
to love you above all else with every moment of my day.
i know i'll fail.
i know it.
but yet again your relentless forgiveness and mercy comes in and amazes me again.
my broken promises to you.
i am a perjurer.
i am unfaithful.
i am a sinner.
create in me a clean heart
o god
and renew a right spirit within me.
restore unto me the joy of my salvation
and renew a right spirit within me.
a right
joyful
focused spirit.
only you please.
make that my desire.
the biggest desire please.
let me not forget.
bring me daily back to your creation around me and in me.
amen.

"...Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139: 23,24

No comments:

Post a Comment