October 31, 2010

Lend Free (Part 1/4)

New poem called Lend Free! This is only part one, the rest are to come! be on the lookout :)

Sit with me.
No. wait.
 don't sit with me.  Please.
Stand with me.
Walk with me.
Talk with me.
I've got something for you to see... with me.
If you think
You've seen poverty
Open your lens...with me
Cause when the talk of poverty begins
It unravels in the preconceived spools of thought in our minds.
And the stereotypes that we allow to have this hype….
Drift
 straight to the Trash.

walk with me
Talk with me.
Breathe in with me
This fresh air of honesty.
No turning your head cause its too hard to see
Or repainting the picture the way you wish it'd be
He
He
Is a man on tenth street
Sleeping where no man should be forced to sleep
Eating only what man will give him the funds to eat.
He.
His sign says "hungry"
 and his eyes say "help me"
 and his heart-
His heart is the hardest to see
But it says... "if only
The men passing by would SEE  me….
Instead of pretending they don't."
If you want a check        in your reality
Know
Yeah I may be describing the stereotypical Ho    Bo
But know
He
is the same…… species. As you. And me.
Humanity.
Poverty.


No comments:

Post a Comment